Who We Are
The Information Technology Association (ITA), founded in 1934, merged with the IT Users Council in mid-2000, is the official trade and employer body of the Information Technology Industry in South Africa. The ITA represents more than 200 companies concerned with the supply of information technology equipment, systems, software, recruitment and services. Prominent members include Microsoft SA, DELL EMC, BCX, Netcampus and many other including smme’s DG Stores, Duxbury & Go Green Electronic Recycling.
The ITA operates through an elected Board and three specialist sector divisions:
• ITARCS - Recruitment Consultancy Services Group
• ITAPEG - Producer Environmental Group
• ITUC- Information Technology Users Council
The ITA works in close liaison with government, consumers and other specialist organizations. The ITA also has a longstanding commitment to skills development within the industry, through its close association with the MICT SETA, the ITA promotes the maintenance of high standards of IT industry technical skills in accordance with international trends.
To encourage multi-stakeholder dialogue fostering accelerated and ICT enabled development in Africa and the use of cutting-edge innovative technologies including mobile, computing and satellite technologies to achieve an Information society in Africa.
• to promote and to protect the interests of its members;
• to promote the upholding of the ITA Code of Ethics by members, who are required to be signatories;
• to encourage co-operation between members, and to deal with all such matters as may affect members’ common interests;
• to promote, support or oppose as may be deemed appropriate any legislative or other measures affecting the interests of members;
• to confer with Government, Provincial Administration or Local Authorities and their departments and all other interested bodies of concern or likely to be of concern to members;
• to educate and guide members on relevant legislation impacting the Information Technology Sector, and compliance with such legislation;
• to be affiliated to any association or organisation as may be decided upon by the ITA from time to time;
• to collect and disseminate information likely to be of use to members;
• to arrange and promote the adoption of equitable forms of contract and other undertakings of common use and application in the Information Technology Sector;
• to promote a high standard of quality, design and workmanship in the Information Technology Sector;
• to promote the Information Technology Sector, by means of advertisements, publicity campaigns, exhibitions, or otherwise;
• to establish and maintain and/or assist in the establishment or maintenance of any fund or committee formed or which may be formed for the protection of the interests of members, or for the protection and benefit of employees, or for the benefit and protection of the joint interests of employers and employees in the Information Technology Sector; provided that no fund which is not subject to control under any law shall be established until the rules governing such fund have been approved by the Registrar.
Our mission is to encourage multi-stakeholder dialogue fostering accelerated and ICT enabled development in Africa and the use of cutting-edge innovative technologies including mobile, computing and satellite technologies to achieve an Information society in Africa.